You will understand that because of the Covid-19 pandemic, what you will experience when you attend Faith FPC is not the way things usually are. This page will be kept up-to-date as we phase in the various ministries of the church. (Last updated: September 26, 2020).
The Session of the church authorized the resumption of our 11AM service beginning May 10, and the resumption of our 6PM service on June 7. The church will be sanitized after the morning service in preparation for the evening service.
All Sunday School classes have recommenced from September 6 (9:30AM).
Our Wednesday prayer meeting (7PM) resumed May 6.
Our Men’s Prayer Meeting (7AM) has resumed.
From the First Sunday of September
The following ministries have recommenced:
- Youth meeting
- Ladies’ meeting
- Sunday preservice prayer meetings
- Neighborhood Bible Club (outside only)
- Fellowship meals (slightly adapted)
While we are trying to avoid imposing too many regulations on something that ought to be refreshing and enjoyable (public worship), it is crucial that we continue to maintain social distancing as best we can. When in church, the only reasons to sit within 6 feet of someone are:
- You live with them.
- They are extended family with whom you are comfortable sitting.
- Widows, singles, and other individuals that have planned to sit with another individual or family. Both parties must be aware of this arrangement.
If none of the above applies, you should not be within 6 feet of anyone. To help accomplish this, ushers will aid with seating arrangements. Please make their life as easy as possible, which includes arriving a little earlier to give them more time to get you seated. After the services end, continue to practice social distancing. We want you to interact, but with caution. If you wish to have a discussion with those beyond your family, please try to limit it to outside the building.
Persons may wear masks or other PPE (an exception will be made if what is worn raises security concerns), but they are not required.
- There will be no use of our hymnal. The words will be printed in the bulletin or printed sheets.
- Collection plates will not be passed. Boxes will be available for you to give before or after the service.
- Some ministries are still on hold. While we are thankful to have conducted some of our ministries and outreaches through digital means, many of them have still not resumed.
Remember, the most important things are the simple things. Wash your hands, don’t touch your face, and be conscious of how close you are to people, especially when indoors. And if you are high risk or still have concerns, there is no requirement for you to attend. We maintain that you know what is best for you to do during the uncertainty of this season. Furthermore, if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone that has tested positive for Covid-19, please follow the advice of health professionals.
We hope it will not be necessary to keep these measures in place for long, but we want to be sure we are doing all we can to protect the health of those who attend. Of course, your spiritual welfare is of even more concern to us. If I can be of any service to you in that regard, please make an appointment with the minister.